The Kanaly Trust Third Quarter 2011 Investment Outlook & Strategy Conference Call took place on July 26. Key points of the conversation included:
- Economic growth to pick up modestly due to several factors.
- The housing market weakness and high unemployment remain major obstacles to growth.
- The global bull market remains intact but is likely entering the latter stages.
- Strong earnings growth and potential for an end to the soft patch could spark a rally once the debt ceiling is lifted.
- Favor growth stocks and dividend payers as comparisons become more challenging.
- The European debt crisis and budget negotiations remain primary risks to our outlook.