On April 20, Kanaly Trust CIO James Shelton and CEO Drew Kanaly hosted our quarterly conference call via webinar. The presentation covers on our economic and market outlook, with a focus on strategy for current and future market conditions. Key investment issues covered during the call included:
- The U.S. economy continuing to show surprising strength although few investors believe it.
- The on-going bull market supported by strong corporate earnings and a very friendly Federal Reserve policy.
- Expectations for the bull markets to continue in 2011, although certain factors could pose a threat late in the year.
- Key risks to the present bull market.
- The three-decade bull market in bonds, which is likely to end soon.
- Commodity prices, which are likely to continue higher before rising interest rates threaten later in 2011.